Grenivík Fishing Museum

Opening hours Week days: Saturdays: Sundays:
June 15th - August 31st: 13:00-17:00 13:00-17:00 13:00-17:00
Also open on request for groups.

Fishing Museum is the Sæland Grenivík in Hlíðarenda old baiting shed.
Stefán Stefánsson operator of the mid-gut Hlíðarenda built in 1920. In the first year Hlíðarenda the house was used as a shipyard. Since the boat was constructed Hermann TH34 but he was half thirties operated from Grenivík and are later and is now owned by the museum. Most building was used as a baiting shed the shed cups that were held are also part of the cultural singularities Grenivíkur. The last decade was Hlíðarendi mainly used as a repository for various types of fishing equipment.

Repair of Lithe Shed began several years ago with the aim of preserving fisheries Grýtubakkahreppur, which is quite remarkable, by opening where a shipping museum focusing on the fishing line.

The museum is open seven days a week from June 15 to 31.August at. 13:00 to 17:00. Groups can order subject at other times.

Grenivík Fishing Museum


GPS Points N65° 56' 48.530" W18° 11' 7.645"



Opening period 15/06 - 15/08
Categories Museums , Exhibitions

Travel directory for Grenivík Fishing Museum

The official travel index of Iceland

19.96 km

The peninsula between Eyjafjordur and Skjalfandi Bay is a paradise for hikers. Two 4WD tracks lead to the north of the peninsula, one to Hvalvatnsfjordur and the other to Flateyjardalur. No services, but camping allowed in specific areas.


Gamla Prestshúsið
  • Laufás
  • 601 Akureyri
  • 463-3196
  • Túngata 13
  • 610 Grenivík
  • 463-3236