Skip to content

Gamli bærinn Laufási

- Museums

Laufás is a renowned church site and chieftain‘s residence from the settlement (874-930). Laufás church was built in 1865, among its special items is a pulpit from 1698. The current farmhouse is a good example of a wealthy vicarage from 1853-1882 furnished with household items and utensils from the period. One of Laufás´ s characteristics is the bride´s chamber where women prepared for the big event. At the Visitor Centre you will find plenty of information about nature and history of the countryside, a handcraft and souvenir shop and a café in a cosy atmosphere. Laufás is part of The National Museum‘s Historic Buildings Collection and managed by Akureyri Museum.

Open:
June 1 - September 1: Daily 10-17

Price:
Adults (18 and older): ISK 1800
Children and youth: Free
Senior citizens ISK 900
Handicapped: Free

Pass for 5 museums: ISK 2200

Gamli bærinn Laufási

Gamli bærinn Laufási

Laufás is a renowned church site and chieftain‘s residence from the settlement (874-930). Laufás church was built in 1865, among its special items is
Lómatjörn Accommodation

Lómatjörn Accommodation

An old original well maintained farmhouse with 6 bedrooms. Additional Dining area for about thirty people. A hot tub outside the house with a mountain

Other (3)

Gamla Prestshúsið Laufás 601 Akureyri 463-3196
Hléskógar Hléskógar Fnr 216-0712 601 Akureyri
Ártún Travel Service Ártún, Grýtubakkahreppur 610 Grenivík 463-3267