Iceland Airwaves in Akureyri in 2017 !!!
Yesterday we announced that in addition to Reykjavik, the festival will also take place in Akureyri next year. This is in cooperation with our founding sponsor Icelandair and Air Iceland. The plan is to have 2-3 official venues in Akureyri and around 20-26 artists performing, both international and Icelandic. There will also be off-venue shows at selected venues in town.
Icelandair in cooperation with Air Iceland will offer traveling packages for our foreign guests that can start their stay at Akureyri and end it in Reykjavík. There will be a direct flight to Akureyri from Keflavik Airport. Akureyri packages will go on sale soon! Festival tickets will go on sale Wednesday February 1st 2017 and there will be three types to choose from.
1) Regular festival ticket – one wristband for the whole festival
2) Akureyri ticket – one wristband for all festival shows in Akureyri Thursday Nov. 2nd and Friday Nov. 3rd.
3) Akureyri ticket + Reykjavik add on – one wristband for all festival shows in Akureyri plus all festival shows in Reykjavik on Saturday Nov. 4th and Sunday Nov 5th.
Iceland Airwaves will take place for the 19th time, on 1.– 5. November 2017 and as before the festival will take place at 13 venues around Reykjavik´s center and now also in the beautiful town of Akureyri.
Iceland Airwaves´main goals from the start have always been
1. Throw a great festival
2. Get more tourist to Iceland in the winter time.
3. Promote and assist Icelandic music export
Our main sponsors at Akureyri are Icelandair, Air Iceland and Icelandair Hotels.
For all further info please contact Grímur Atlason, email@example.com and Henny María Frímannsdóttir, firstname.lastname@example.org