Skip to content

Grenivík Fishing Museum

Open from 1st of June to 31st of August, every day from 1 pm-5 pm.
The Fishing Museum is in the old baiting shed, called Hlíðarendi.
The shed was built in 1920. In the first year, the house was used as a shipyard, where Sigfús Þorsteinsson built his boat called Hermann. The boat is now owned by the museum. Mostly, the building was used as a baiting shed. The last decade in operation Hlíðarendi was mainly used as a repository for various types of fishing equipment.

The museum is open seven days a week from June 15 to 31.August at. 13:00 to 17:00. Groups can order subject at other times.

Grenivík Fishing Museum

Grenivík Fishing Museum

Open from 1st of June to 31st of August, every day from 1 pm-5 pm.The Fishing Museum is in the old baiting shed, called Hlíðarendi.The shed was built
Grenivík Guesthouse

Grenivík Guesthouse

Grenivík Guesthouse offers accommodation in June, July and August with four double/twin rooms and private bathrooms. All rooms include a buffet-style
Grenivík

Grenivík

The township of Grenivík lies under the 1,173 metre high mountain Kaldbakur. There are many excellent routes up the mountain, but if you do not feel l
Grenivík Swimming pool

Grenivík Swimming pool

Summer opening hours (valid from June 1): Mondays - Fridays: 11:00 - 19:00Weekends: 10:00 - 18:00 Winter opening hours:Mondays -Thursdays: 15:00-18:00
Grenivík Camping Ground

Grenivík Camping Ground

The camp site at Grenivík was all renewed in 2011 and there is now a new service house with access for the disabled. There is also now access to elect
Kaldbaksferðir

Kaldbaksferðir

Kaldbakur Tours offers during the winter trips up the mountain Kaldbakur which is 1.173m high, making it the highest peak on the northeastern side of

Other (1)

Mathús Milli Fjöru & Fjalla Túngata 3 610 Grenivík 6206080